Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Phi don't lie to me...

Phil, say it ain't so!  I thought Punxsutawney Phil said winter was done.  Boy did he get the wrong number! We were scheduled to do a rubber-stamp - art show in Clearwater Florida a couple of weeks ago and teach at Stamp Asylum in Plano, Texas on the way.  Well - the snow, ice and frigid temperatures in Oklahoma, Texas and some in Kansas kept us at home for 2 weekends in a row.  We had to bypass the Clearwater show, but for those of you in the Dallas area, we will be teaching the Altered Charm Sampler on both Sunday and Monday (March 6-7) & the Fairy Gate Book on Saturday (March 5).  I'm going to assume that Texas will be without snow this go around...

But we did travel on to Jacksonville Florida to teach at A Small Cleverness last Monday-Thursday.  We made lots of new friends and hope we can make our way back there again.  From there we traveled onto Columbia, South Carolina to do the Stamp Scrap Art Tour rubber-stamp show.  It had been several years since we had made it that way so we enjoyed reconnecting with familiar faces and of course all the vendors that have become our family away from home.  And of course an added bonus to our traveling south as a chance to spend the week in flip flops.

We're on the road close to home right now, but we'll take off again on Monday for Houston and the "Adorn Me" jewelry retreat.  Mark and I are both going to take classes so we'll come home with new skills and techniques to share with our Wichita friends.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Joni & Mark, we enjoyed SO MUCH having you visit us in Florida last week. I don't know when I have worked so hard and had so much fun all at the same time. We look forward to seeing you again next winter.
    Denice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joni,
    I met you in Minneapolis last year at the Creative Connection. I love your art, do you still sell jewelry components? Will you be coming this year to CC
    XOXO
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd signed up to take your classes at A Small Cleverness but had to miss due to my son being sick! I have the copper bracelet kit, I just have to take the time to put it together. I also, bought the domino kit and have made several. I love them!! Hope to see you the next time you swing through A Small Cleverness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joni,

    I took your classes at For Keeps Sake in St. Louis, MO. Could you please send me any and all information and instructions you have on those classes.

    I really enjoyed the classes and have shown everything I made to all my crafty friends I have seen since taking the classes. I finished my dominos at home and they turned out GREAT. Thank you so much to sharing your knowledge with us.

    Bonnie Heggemann

    ReplyDelete